If you're looking for a quick and easy way to add some flavor to your meals, look no further than this parmesan garlic butter recipe.
The links in this post may be affiliate links. That means that if you click them and make a purchase, this site makes a commission. It will have no impact on the price you pay or the experience of your purchase.
With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can create a delicious and versatile spread that will elevate any dish.
Whether you're using it to season pasta, spread on bread, or coat vegetables, this parmesan garlic butter is sure to become a go-to staple in your kitchen.
Got an incurable love for garlic bread? Love having that savory flavor in everything you eat (or make)?
I feel you!
And that’s exactly why I've got you a quick parmesan garlic spread recipe that’s worth trying out. Guaranteed to add a boost of flavor to your many culinary experiments and creations.
Ready to go ahead and give it a shot? Here’s what you need to know before you get started with making this super easy recipe!
Ingredients For Parmesan Garlic Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
How To Make This Garlic Butter Recipe
Start out by pulsing the garlic, oregano, and basil in a food processor.
Then add the butter, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to the food processor.
Slowly blend the spread until all ingredients are well mixed and smooth.
You can store your butter spread in an airtight jar, like a mason jar or something similar.
Can I store my garlic butter spread For later?
Yes, you can definitely store your garlic butter spread for later.
All you need to do is grab an airtight container or jar that’s completely clean, dump that extra spread in there, close the lid tight, and pop it into your refrigerator.
How Long Can I Store Parmesan Garlic Butter?
In general, it is a good idea to use your sauces and spreads (even if they are stored in the refrigerator) within 15 days.
While most of them do last for a much longer time duration, especially the store bought variety, it makes sense to use them within 15 days to avoid exposure to any possible food contamination or bacterial infection.
Can Garlic Butter Go Bad in the Refrigerator?
Since this garlic butter spread contains raw garlic, there is a possible chance of bacterial growth.
Eating raw garlic can put you at the risk of botulism, which is a dangerous food borne illness. This is exactly why it is best to stick to refrigerating your spread once you make it, and prevent the growth of toxins that cause botulism.
Plus, this recipe also calls for the use of parsley and basil- two other ingredients that stay fresh for a longer duration when refrigerated.
Ways You Can Use This parmesan Garlic Butter Spread
The best part about this garlic butter spread is that it is incredibly versatile. There’s literally an endless number of ways you could put it to use.
- Spread it on your pita bread to fix yourself a quick snack
- Drop a dollop of it on your baked potato
- Add it as a dressing into your quick salad
- Spread it instead of butter when you’re making yourself a sandwich
- Add a teaspoon or two into your bowl of noodles/pasta
- Serve along with raw veggie sticks or crackers
- Heat it up with a bit of milk and drizzle it on your roasted veggies
- Spread it on hot toast
- Saute your shrimp and other seafood in it
- Jazz up your bowl of steamed rice by tossing a bit of this in it.
Other Recipes You May Love
How To Make the best Garlic Bread Using This Spread
You can use your favorite bread to make garlic bread using this parmesan garlic butter recipe. I personally love to grab bread from the fresh baked bread section of the local grocery store.
You can use french bread, ciabatta, Italian, or even a wheat loaf.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the garlic butter generously on each slice of bread. Make sure to cover the entire surface of the bread with the butter.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped parsley on top of the buttered bread.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the bread are crispy and the butter has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately while the bread is still warm and crispy.
You can also use a broiler instead of baking in the oven to achieve a crispy, golden crust on the bread. Simply place the bread slices under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the butter has melted.
Garlic bread made with garlic butter spread is perfect as a side dish to any Italian meal or served as an appetizer for parties and gatherings. Enjoy!