Honey garlic lemon pepper sauce is a versatile sauce that pairs well with a variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
The links in this post may be affiliate links. That means that if you click them and make a purchase, this site makes a commission. It will have no impact on the price you pay or the experience of your purchase.
In this post, I'll be sharing a deviously tangy honey garlic lemon pepper sauce recipe. As well as some meal ideas to get you cooking!
What is the difference between honey garlic sauce and honey garlic lemon pepper sauce?
The main difference between honey garlic sauce and honey garlic lemon pepper sauce is the addition of lemon juice and black pepper in the latter.
Honey garlic sauce is typically made with honey, soy sauce, garlic, and sometimes vinegar or other seasonings. It has a sweet and savory flavor and is often used as a dipping sauce or marinade for meat or vegetables.
This sauce adds fresh lemon juice and black pepper to the basic honey garlic sauce recipe.
The lemon juice gives the sauce a tangy and citrusy flavor, while the black pepper adds a spicy kick. This combination of flavors makes this sauce a great complement to grilled chicken, seafood, or roasted vegetables.
While both sauces share similar ingredients, the addition of lemon juice and black pepper in honey garlic lemon pepper sauce gives it a unique and more complex flavor profile than the simple honey garlic sauce.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Instructions For Making The Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
Can You Adjust The Sweetness Of The Sauce?
Yes! You can adjust the sweetness or tanginess of the sauce by adding more or less honey or lemon juice, respectively. You can also adjust the spiciness by adding more or less red pepper flakes.
I personally also use a sweet soy sauce, which adds a little extra sweetness.
How Do You Store The Sauce?
You should store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The sauce can last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
What are some good meals to use honey garlic lemon pepper sauce on?
- Grilled chicken: Brush the sauce onto grilled chicken breasts, thighs, or wings for a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Baked salmon: Drizzle the sauce over grilled or baked salmon for a flavorful glaze.
- Roasted vegetables: Toss roasted carrots, brussels sprouts, or cauliflower with honey garlic lemon pepper sauce for a delicious and easy side dish.
- Stir-fry: Use the sauce as a stir-fry sauce for chicken, beef, or shrimp and vegetables.
- Sandwiches or wraps: Use the sauce as a spread for sandwiches or wraps, such as grilled chicken sandwiches or veggie wraps.
- Meatballs: Use the sauce as a glaze for meatballs, either baked or fried.
- Tofu: Toss fried or baked tofu with the sauce for a flavorful vegetarian option.
Can you make honey garlic lemon pepper sauce creamy?
Yes! You can make this sauce creamy by adding a dairy-based ingredient like cream or sour cream to the sauce.
If you want to go the creamy route, here's a recipe that combines the sweet and tangy flavors of honey garlic lemon pepper sauce with a creamy texture.