Fluffy Banana Pancakes with Almond Flour are super simple to make with minimal ingredients and come together in minutes! They are perfect for a gluten-free or low carb diet.
The links in this post may be affiliate links. That means that if you click them and make a purchase, this site makes a commission. It will have no impact on the price you pay or the experience of your purchase.
Weekend mornings call for pancakes! And if you happen to be following a gluten-free or low-carb diet, these Almond Flour Banana Pancakes are a perfect choice. They are soft and fluffy and come together in just minutes.
Ready to cook? Here are a few tips and tricks to make the best pancakes yet!
Can I Substitute All-Purpose Flour For The Almond Flour?
Yes, you can use all-purpose flour instead of almond flour. You would use a 1:1 substitution, but please note that the quantity may vary. Also, almond flour typically requires more egg (binding agent), and you might have to reduce the quantity if you are use all-purpose flour. Please note that changing the flour choice could also change the carbohydrate amount of the recipe as well as making them no longer gluten-free.
Almond Flour vs Almond Meal
Both almond flour and almond meal are made from ground almonds. Almond flour is typically made from blanched almonds which have had the skins removed, whereas almond meal typically still contains the skin. Almond flour is also ground more finely than almond meal.
Can You Freeze Banana Pancakes?
These pancakes freeze well. To freeze, lay them out on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Spread out your pancakes evenly so they are not touching while freezing. Once frozen you can store them stacked in a bag or divided up into individual servings in smaller baggies or containers. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
These pancakes are delicious as written, but if you want to add some variety, mixing in other ingredients will be delicious! Please note that all mix-ins might not be gluten-free, check any ingredients you add to the original recipe to confirm they follow any dietary restrictions. Some choices are:
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Apples
- Nut Butters
- Sliced Almonds or Toasted Pecans
please scroll down to the full recipe for exact measurements
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
How to Make Almond Flour Banana Pancakes
- First, you place the bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey in a large mixing bowl and mix with a hand held blender or stand mixer.
- Add in the almond flour and mix until well combined. Set your bowl to the side.
- Preheat a griddle or large pan and add a tablespoon of oil. We set our griddle to 300 degrees. Always start out at a low temperature when making banana pancakes.
- Next, use a small measuring cup and scoop out a small amount of the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes until pancakes are cooked well enough on the bottom to easily flip. These pancakes do not tend to ‘bubble up' like traditional pancakes so watching them closely is key to keep them from burning.
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side until they are cooked through.
- Then just keep making pancakes until all of the batter is gone.