Looking for a new and flavorful way to dress up your meat or roasted vegetables? Look no further than this creamy honey garlic lemon pepper sauce recipe!
The links in this post may be affiliate links. That means that if you click them and make a purchase, this site makes a commission. It will have no impact on the price you pay or the experience of your purchase.
This versatile sauce combines the sweet and savory flavors of honey garlic sauce with the tanginess of lemon and the heat of black pepper.
Plus, it's made creamy with the addition of heavy cream or sour cream. Whether you're looking to spice up your weeknight meals or impress your dinner guests, this sauce is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
Read on to learn how to make this delicious and easy creamy honey garlic lemon pepper sauce at home!
What is the difference between honey garlic Lemon Pepper sauce and Creamy honey garlic lemon pepper sauce?
The main difference between your basic honey garlic lemon pepper sauce recipe and creamy honey garlic lemon pepper sauce is the addition of heavy cream or sour cream. Giving it a creamier, thicker texture.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
Instructions For Making The Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the honey garlic lemon pepper sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the cream to the saucepan and stir until the sauce is heated through and slightly thickened.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Can You Adjust The thickness Of The Sauce?
Yes! If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can add a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with cold water) to the sauce while it's heating up to help thicken it.
How Do You Store The Sauce?
You should store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The sauce can be stored safely in the refrigerator for a few days because of the cream in the recipe.
Can you make honey garlic lemon pepper sauce vegan?
Yes! You can make this sauce vegan by adding a non-dairy cream, like coconut cream or non-dairy sour cream, to the sauce, replacing the honey with maple syrup or agave, and using vegan margarine or butter. Here is a recipe for you to follow if you want to go the vegan route.