A drink that can stand on its own but with the added yum of all the minty deliciousness your taste buds can handle.
[ultimate-recipe-jump id=”15302″ text=”Jump to Peppermint White Hot Chocolate recipe”]
Snow. Dark days. Cold temperatures.
It’s what I think of when I think of December.
Most people think about Christmas and the holiday festivities. But for a person who hated the freezing cold, December has always been the time of year that I have declared I am over winter.
The big puffy coats, freezing fingers, snow brushes.
But like so many other things my transition to the south is changing my feelings and thoughts about winter.
This past weekend we got snow. And while most people were excited, I can’t say I felt that. BUT I didn’t feel the dread I would feel up north when the snow came.
I would usually feel like “this winter. This is gonna be the one to take me out. I just can’t do another winter”. But instead when it snowed I felt like, “I’m gonna stay in. Stay warm. Have a warm drink and cozy up on the couch”.
Because I know that this snowfall wouldn’t last long. And while I don’t like it. I can handle it.
But I did more than handle it. I totally embraced it and I owe that to this delicious cup of peppermint white hot chocolate.
A warm cup of white hot chocolate is the perfect remedy to the cold, snowy blues.
But even if you don’t have the blues. This. This will make your insides warm and your heart happy.
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp peppermint extract
- whipped cream, for garnishing (optional)
- peppermint chunks, for garnishing (optional)
- In saucepan, heat milk over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Whisk in condensed milk and peppermint extract
- Whisk occasionally, to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- When bubbles start to form whisk in white chocolate chips until dissolved
- Divide among cups and top with whipped cream and peppermint chunks
makes 4-5 cups