Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll Ups, they are PBNJ 5.0. And if the sandwich that our mommas made us on fresh wheat bread is 1.0, I don’t even know the in-betweens, but I know they don’t matter.
What if I told you that when I was a kid I absolutely would not eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Tis true. PBNJ was not my thing and it felt like punishment when I would be told that was my only option.
But then I discovered crunchy peanut butter and somehow that sandwich that was punishment for me, somehow magically turned into a delicious treat.
And because adulthood has made me realize that there is always more if you want it, I have amplified this for my children, and you and yours too if you’d like to indulge.
Make no mistake that your adult taste buds are in no way too mature or good for all this deliciousness. It is certainly worth giving a try, and quite possibly may become an after-the-kids are put to bed type of snack. The kind best served up with your favorite wine, or even a glass of milk. You choose. I won’t judge you either way.
How To Make The Fanciest Peanut Butter and Jelly Ever
Start out by putting peanut butter, cream cheese, and 1 tbsp sugar in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals. Making sure to stir after each.
Do this until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
Then roll crescents out on a non-stick surface and join the 8 crescents together by pinching the seams, creating a large rectangle.
Cut the dough into 8 equal squares. You can use a regular knife, but I have found that using a pizza cutter makes it a bit easier.
Evenly disperse peanut butter across the eight pieces of dough. Then top the peanut butter with strawberry jam, again dispersing evenly.
Roll each crescent and pinch each end to seal it to the opposite side.
Heat grease in skillet to about 375°. Place rolls into the hot oil and fry on each side, roughly 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove rolls from pan and place on a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain grease.
Allow to cool 5 minutes, then roll in remaining sugar.
And just like that, you will be the peanut butter and jelly goddess of your castle. As you should be.
With the kids being out from school right now, these peanut butter and jelly crescent rolls are perfect to keep those little bellies full and to add on your list of mom wins. Cause lord knows we all need as many of those as we can get. Amirite?
- 1 tube crescent rolls (8 oz)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Put peanut butter, cream cheese, and 1 tbsp sugar in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Roll crescents out on a non-stick surface.
- Join all 8 crescents together by pinching the seams, creating a large rectangle.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal squares.
- Place 1/8 of peanut butter mixture in the middle of each crescent square. Top peanut butter with 1 tbsp of strawberry jam.
- Roll each crescent over the filling, gently pinching the end to seal it to the opposite side.
- Carefully place rolls into hot oil.
- Fry on each side until golden brown. Roughly 2 minutes total.
- Remove rolls from pan and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes, then roll in remaining sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 rolls
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 563
Interested in making these Peanut Butter and Jelly Crescent Rolls over break or at a later time? Feel free to pin using the buttons below and save for later.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Questions, Comments or Just Want to Say Hey 👋🏽, Drop Me a Line in the Comments.