The middle of winter and craving a good S’more? This is how you make smores in the oven without sacrificing taste one bit. These valentine day s’mores are a sweet treat for your sweetheart(s).
I don’t celebrate Valentine’s day in the traditional sense. But these days, any day that celebrates and promotes love, I can not be against. We can stand to have all the love we can get these days.
I even had my manicurist write it on my nails recently, cause I want to see, feel, and be in love everywhere.
Speaking of, these valentine’s day s’mores that can be made in the oven, no matter what season we are in, can pretty much make anyone feel all lovey dove-y too.
But regardless of how I feel about Valentine’s Day, I understand that for some Valentine’s Day is a really BIG day. And as a token of my love, I share special food with my Hampton tribe, in the form of a sweet treats.
My baby boy is like me, and dessert is how you show love to him.
So this treat I am sharing today is a special token of love just perfect for Valentine’s Day.
We are a family who lives to get in front of a campfire and toast a marshmallow or two for a s’mores treat.
But by the time Valentine’s Day rolls around it’s too cold for all that. But because dessert is an important food group, and s’mores are an important part of the human diet, momma has got a fix!
A creative spin on s’mores that can be made indoors and are perfect for a day filled with tasty love.
A cookie-ish outer shell with all the ooo-ey, goo-ey goodness you would expect from a campfire s’more!
How to Make The Perfect Dessert For Valentine’s Day – S’mores In The Oven
Graham crackers still make up the outer shell, just in a dough form…
So to get started, you just preheat the oven to 350℉ and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. I use my glass pan, but if you have metal that should be fine. You just may need to adjust the baking time.
Making the dough
Using a food processor pulse 4-6 graham crackers until they are crumbled pieces. And in a mixing bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, brown sugar until the mixture is nice and smooth. Then add in the vanilla, food coloring, and egg.
Mix and combine the wet mixture until blended well. And then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly until a dough is formed
Once the dough is formed, divide it in half. Press one half of the dough into the bottom of the parchment lined dish. Then you will remove the parchment paper with the dough out of the pan and set it aside.
Spray the dish and line with parchment paper again (trust me). This time using two pieces of parchment paper. So that both the sides and bottom are covered. Then press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan.
Forming the bars in the dish
Top the dough with chocolate bars, covering it completely.
Then top the chocolate with marshmallows.
Take the second layer of the dough that you previously set aside and flip it on top of the marshmallows covering everything as best you can.
Cooking the s’mores
Bake it for 25-30 minutes, until the dough is crisp to the touch. And then remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool on a baking rack.
Once cooled, remove it from the pan and cut into squares evenly (or not) and serve and enjoy!
What are the main ingredients for s’mores?
Traditional s’mores are like a sandwich made up of graham crackers on the outside with melted or toasted marshmallow and chocolate inside them.
These s’mores made in the oven just have a few more ingredients. But they are so worth it in every single bite!
The final outcome is a super way to say EYE LOVE YOU all over it!
Do you see all that oooooo-ey goooo-ey L-O-V-E??
- 1¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp red food coloring
- 1 egg
- 2 giant hershey bars
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- Using food processor pulse 4-6 graham crackers until they are crumbed pieces
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, sugar, brown sugar until smooth
- Add in vanilla, food coloring, and egg. Mix and combine
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly until a dough is formed
- Divide the dough in half and press one half of dough into bottom of parchment lined dish
- Remove parchment paper with dough and set aside
- Spray dish and line with parchment paper again (trust me). This time using two pieces of parchment paper so that the sides and bottom are covered
- Press remaining dough into bottom of pan
- Top with chocolate bars, covering the dough completely
- Top chocolate with marshmallows
- Take layer of dough previously set aside and flip it on top of the marshmallows covering everything as best you can
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Until the dough and crisp to the touch
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking rack
- Once cooled, removed from pan and cut into squares
- Serve and enjoy!
These can also be made anytime without the red food coloring to look like traditional s’mores!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 332 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 159mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 27g Protein: 4g