These Pumpkin Pecan Blondies are chewy and delicious, served up great with whipped cream or ice cream, or even by themselves.
It wasn’t until a few years ago that I even tasted pumpkin pie.
I was raised on sweet potato pie and it was always made to seem that I wouldn’t, people like me, we didn’t eat pumpkin. Not by anyone in particular, but by everyone particularly. Lol.
When I tasted pumpkin pie for the first time, I wasn’t blown away but I wasn’t against it either. But I did feel like I could rock with this pumpkin stuff.
I tried the pumpkin latte from Starbucks that everyone raves about. And while there are not many things I don’t like at Starbucks, this was one.
But as I began to incorporate pumpkin in my own kitchen I found out just how I like it. My first experiment was none other than pumpkin pancakes. Y’all know I love pancakes.
Every year I have pushed the envelope a little more each time pumpkin season rolls around. This time I’m diving in with pumpkin pecan blondies.
They are the perfect treat that’s just a little sweet. With the fudg-ey texture of brownies with the savory taste of pumpkin. Perfect combination right?
My family is loving the pumpkin experimentation. And I have to say I’m loving feeding it to them. It’s always fun to infuse the season into my kitchen. And to cook without the limits and restraints of what people may think will be tasty to my palette.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line muffin pans with paper liners
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil together until smooth
- In a seperate bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt
- Blend in dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans
- Fill lined muffin cups no more than 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean
Be careful not to over bake. Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before removing I used silicone and metal baking pans. The silicone pans tend to back faster and more evenly. Be mindful of your oven settings and the cookware you are using.
WANT TO SAVE THE PUMPKIN PECAN BLONDIES RECIPE TO MAKE FOR LATER? HIT THE PIN BUTTON!
Questions, Comments or Just Want to Say Hey 👋🏽, Drop Me a Line in the Comments.